Ever wished you could make your own treats for your pets?
Karla Kangleon, founder of All4PetsParty.com shares her recipe for a scrumptious treat for furry friends.
Pamper your pet with a flavorful snack filled with the healthy goodness of oat, squash and berries.
Hearty Oat Cookies
3 cups oats
2 cups squash, grated
2/3 cup low-fat cream cheese
1 pc. egg, beaten
1/2 cup berries (strawberries or blueberries)
Optional: For felines, replace the berries with water, well drained.
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix them together to form into dough.
3. Roll out the mixture to 1/4 inch thick.
4. Cut out the mixture with various shaped cookie cutters.
5. Transfer the cookies to a greased baking sheet with oil. Space each cookie 1/2 inch apart.
6. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven, 300°F (150° C) for 30 minutes.
7. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
8. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
* This recipe makes approximately 30 cookies.
This appeared without a byline in Animal Scene’s February 2015 issue.