Hello turtle-lovers! Here is your chance to get a chance to spend more time with your favorite animals!
A luxury hotel in Maldives is currently looking for an intern who is willing to take care and look after turtles for two weeks in August. The “Summer In-turtle-ship competition” will be held at the Olive Ridley Project Marine Turtle Rescue Center at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu.
Successful candidates will get the chance to spend time with the adorable sea creatures, post updates on the resort’s social media accounts, and even get the chance to learn from the veterinary experts!
Here’s the full list of your responsibilities if chosen as an intern:
1. Feeding the turtles.
2. Cleaning holding tanks.
3. Observing surgeries and medical procedures.
4. Attending rescue missions to collect turtles in need.
5. Assisting with the release of rehabilitated turtles back into the ocean.
6. Interacting with guests who visit the center and giving them information on the turtles staying at the center.
7. Attending any Olive Ridley Project presentation evenings.
This is not a paid internship, but the resort will shoulder all expenses, including the flights, accommodation, and food, which costs around $6,340.
Are you interested? If you are, you can apply on the Coco Collection website from June 17. You will need to send a two to three-minute video and a 500-word cover letter explaining why you should be a good fit for the role. Good luck!