A five-year-old boy from Bartow County, Georgia woke up to find his bedroom filled with flames. Instead of panicking, he remained calm and leaped into action.

Noah Woods was one of eight family members. He woke up to smoke and flames in a bedroom he shared with his two-year-old sister. He quickly jumped out of bed, woke his sister up and grabbed her and got out of the house through an open window.

The little boy did not stop there and went back into the house to get the family dog and pull it to safety, too. After that, he ran to his uncle’s house next door to get help and alert the rest of his family.

Our hero! 5 year old Noah Woods recently woke up to find his bedroom on fire. The only available exit was a window. He…

Posted by Bartow County Fire Department on Tuesday, February 11, 2020

“We’ve seen children alert their families before,” Bartow County Fire Department Chief Dwayne Jamison told CNN in an interview. “But for a 5-year-old to be alert enough to do this… that’s pretty extraordinary.”

According to their investigation, the fire started by an overloaded electrical outlet in Noah’s own bedroom. Noah and four other family members were treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns.

Noah is being named an honorary firefighter and will receive a rare lifesavers award.

You might want to read:
– Roy, the heroic military aspin
– Dogs hailed as heroes after saving owner from sexual offender
– Hero in the battlefield