The coronavirus pandemic has taken a toll on some people. Self-isolation makes most of us anxious, scared and sad at the same time. Luckily for us pet owners, our animal companions give a kind of relief and comfort in these trying times.
Here are some takeaways we can learn from our furry best friends and tips to live by.
- There are some day you just don’t want to get out of bed, and that’s okay.
2. Take a moment to get outside for some fresh air.
3. Sleeping (and dreaming of your favorite treatos) can make you feel better and calmer.
4. Move your body every now and then to get that adrenaline rush!
5. Surround yourself with friends, they’ll remind you of the good times and make you smile every now and then.
6. Open yourself to be cared for by someone you love.
7. Don’t let social distancing stop you from getting some much-needed cuddles for that oxytocin hit.
8. We know your just at home, but remember take a shower every now and then.
9. Your home clothes is all good to wear, but sometimes, putting on your favorite outfit can cheer you up.
10. Eating can be an effective coping mechanism.
You might want to read:
– A dog and cat magic: Ways animals improve your mental health
– Companion animals help people better cope with mental disorders, scientist says
– Science says pets can keep you productive and healthy while working from home