A 35-year-old woman died trying to save her dogs as her house at Capitol Heights Subdivision Barangay Villamonte in Bacolod City burned on Thursday (May 21).
Michelle Mirasol was found dead in their house’s bathroom, according to city fire marshal Chief Inspector Publio Plotena.
Plotena said some of Mirasol’s dogs were already outside, yet she went back inside the burning house and rescued three of her nine other Shih Tzus. The fire had already grown, forcing Mirasol rush to the bathroom where she may have died of suffocation.
Initial investigation showed that fire was believed to be triggered by a faulty electrical wiring that started at the ceiling of the living room.
You might want to read:
– Dogs protecting wildlife have saved 45 rhinos from poachers in South Africa
– The power of animal companions: Seniors consider pets as their lifesavers
– Two men create leather from cactus, can save more than a billion animals killed for it