There is no paw-fect time to adopt a cat than the National Cat Day, which is celebrated every October 29 in the United States. If you’re having second thoughts about opening your home to a feline, here are nine reasons why you should as put together by the Humane Society if Greater Dayton.
- Cats are good for your health – A study on cat-human relationship shows that even watching cat videos on the internet boosts a person’s well-being and gives positive emotions. They can lower people’s stress levels, which also decrease the risk of any heart diseases.
- Cats are low-maintenance – Compared to dogs, cats are less prone to separation anxiety and can tolerate being alone for longer periods of time. They are also perfect for an apartment because they don’t take up much space.
- Cats are affordable – Cat food, toys, supplies, and even vet fees are cheeper than those compared for dogs.
- Cats are self-cleaning – Cats don’t need to be washed as often as dogs do. They spend a lot of time grooming themselves, so less hassle for you!
- Cats have long lives – Cats can live up to 15 to 20 years.
- Cats are natural entertainers – Cats actually have their own certain charm. They can surely keep you entertained for days just by playing a ball of yarn.
- Cats can make great companions – Cats can be affectionate and playful – and what better way to fall asleep than to the sound of a kitty purring beside you?
- Cats are natural predators – Cats are excellent hunters. They can scare away rodents, houseflies, moths, and other creepy crawlies.
- Cats can teach us a lot – What we can learn about cats is that taking good care of ourselves should be our first priority.