A four-year old boy has died after trying to save his pet dog from their burning home in Lapuz, Iloilo City, according to a report in GMA’s Unang Hirit.

Daniel John Peralta was about the leave when he remembered his pet dog was left behind, so he went back to the house to rescue his pet.

However, Peralta failed to come back alive and his remains were later discovered inside the bathroom.

Almost 20 families lost their homes from the incident, which originated from a candle that was left unattended, according to initial investigation.

Related stories:
– More than 100 stranded endangered sea turtles rescued after Texas flooding
– Baby buried in a field in Thailand, rescued by a dog
– Man tries to sell car to save dying dog, but community came to the rescue