A pregnant dog saved four patients from a fire that broke out at a Russian hospice.
The dog, whose name is Matilda, is currently recovering from severe burns after she run inside a private hospice at Russia’s Leningrad region. She helped save the lives of four residents before passing out from carbon monoxide fumes.
Volunteers Elena Kalinina and Alexander Tsinkevich was luckily in time to save the heroic dog.
According to local reports, the pregnant dog “cried and trembled in pain, but heroically endured everything.” Animal campaigners from Vasilek shelter in St. Petersburg are now urging everyone to help Matilda fight through the savage burns she got from the fire.
“Matilda’s face, neck, and abdomen were severely burned,” said the shelter in a statement. “She was checked by a fertility specialist who looked at her for a very long time and carefully studied the puppies.”
Daily Mail reported that all the puppies are all alive and well, however, Matilda will not be able to feed her puppies once they are born because all her nipples were badly burned.
Matilda, also known as Motya, will be with the shelter as the hospice owner said he will not be able to care for her due to her injuries.
You might want to read:
– Policewoman raises funds for memorial of heroic police dogs
– To the rescue! 5 heroic animals who saved humans
– Dogs hailed as heroes after saving owner from sexual offender